Required Testing: Yearly
- Spill Catchment Basin test (fill, remote fill, Stage I) o Double wall Spill Catchment Basin must be tested per manufacturer specifications or in accordance with PEI RP 1200.
- Piping Precision Tightness test for Pressurized Piping equipped with:
- Mechanical Line Leak Detector o Unless maintaining monthly piping release detection in accordance with COMAR 26.10.05.02D(2)(b)(ii).
- Electronic Line Leak Detector o Unless electronic line leak detector is performing daily, weekly, and monthly test in accordance with COMAR 26.10.05.02D.(2)(b)(ii). Must maintain a record of monthly leak detector line test.
- Automatic Tank Gauge System certification (includes functional test of sump sensors)
- Line Leak Detector test (mechanical and electronic)
- Cathodic Protection test for Metal Piping (including flex connectors)
- Field installed Cathodic Protection test for Metal Tanks
- For steel tanks that have had supplemental anodes or impressed current system installed
Required Testing: Every 2 Years
- Piping Precision Tightness test for U.S. Suction
- Unless maintaining monthly piping release detection in accordance with COMAR 26.10.05.02D.(2)(b)(ii)
- Helium test for existing Gasoline USTs
- Only when located in High Risk Groundwater Use Areas or Well Head Protection Areas
Required Testing: Every 3 Years
- Factory installed Cathodic Protection test for Metal Tanks
- Maryland Department of the Environment Compliance Inspection
Required Testing: Every 5 Years
- Containment Sump test (tank top, vent, dispenser, piping transition, etc.)
- Double wall Containment Sumps must be tested per manufacturer specifications or in accordance with PEI RP 1200
- Secondary Piping Tightness test
- For double wall piping installed or replaced on or after January 12, 2009.
- Tank Precision Tightness test
- Only for tanks greater than 550 gallons and less than 2,000 gallons using manual tank gauging as primary method of release detection.
- Impressed Current Cathodic Protection assessment
- Only for UST systems with impressed current cathodic protection
per COMAR 26.10